Friday, February 28, 2014

Having trouble with Obamacare? Senator Reid says you're lying.

Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid (D-NV) stated on the Senate floor earlier this week that all the stories we're hearing about ObamaCare are simply lies. 

"Despite all that good news," Reid told President Obama, "there's plenty of horror stories being told. All of them are untrue, but they're being told all over America."

Reid cited the television ad featuring Julie Boonstra, a leukemia patient who lost her insurance, then got a new Obama-approved one where the premium went down, but the out of pocket costs skyrocketed to the point she could not afford the medication she needed - some of which was no longer even covered under her new "government improved" insurance. 

But according to the compassionate Reid, her story is nothing more than a dubious ploy by the billionaire Koch brothers, who paid for her ad. "The leukemia patient whose insurance policy was canceled and could die without her medication, Mr. President, that's an ad being paid for by two billionaire brothers," Reid lamented. "It's absolutely false. Or the woman whose insurance policy went up $700 a month--ads paid for around America by the multibillionaire Koch brothers, and the ad is false."

These stories are being made up out of "whole-cloth," he added.

Oh, really? It is not my imagination Mr. Reid, that my health insurance plan - which I liked and was promised dozens of times I could keep - was cancelled. I was given a new insurance program that covers things I do not need, nor necessarily want to even support. Yes, the monthly premium went down a little, but my deductible went up several thousand dollars. That means I would have to be really, really ill to work my way through that deductible before my government-approved insurance will pay for anything. 

And bonus, I've been informed that this new policy I was handed is only good for one year. I will then have to go into an even more rigid government-approved plan, which my insurance company warned me would be much higher in premiums, though the outrageous deductibles will remain the same.

By the grace of God, I am healthy. But for people like Julie Boonstra, I cannot imagine having to attempt paying for unaffordable life-saving medications out of my own pocket and then being told by the government that I have nothing to gripe about  because my premium went down a few dollars - and then being called a liar on top of it.

Just like Ms. Boonstra, or the millions of other people who have lost their promised insurance under Obamacare, I am not a liar. Shame on you, Senator Reid, for putting your precious quest for power above real human lives.


What do you think?  Click on the comments link in the bar below to share your thoughts. No registration necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment