Thursday, June 22, 2017

Republicans: Yes, please "take away" my health insurance

I'm not sure what's holding up ObamaCare repeal - whether it's because of spineless RINOs afraid to take on the Democrats' or media's attacks, or zealous conservatives waiting for a better deal, but I am hoping and praying that we can still get rid of at least key parts of this monstrosity of a law. 

At this point, I don't actually care if the Senate's version has every component I would wish for, but from what I can see, it has at least the basics. For starters, it removes the individual mandate. Of course, Senator Chuck Schumer warned us all that if the penalty for not having health insurance were to be removed, about 22 million people would be without health insurance. So you mean if we remove the gun from people's heads regarding forced health insurance, they might just say "see ya"? Does this mean Americans don't actually like to be forced to buy products? That's quite a revelation. Thanks, Chuck.

What I still don't hear enough about though is it's not just the rising premiums that are an issue, but the outrageous deductibles. I know I've said this many times before, but I pay a few hundred dollars every month for my health "insurance" premium just so Nancy Pelosi can brag about giving the masses health insurance. But Nancy is mute about the fact that the premium I pay every month doesn't actually cover any health services - at least not for the first $6,000 in medical services that I have to pay for out of my own pocket before my "health insurance" company will pay even a part of my bills. And this is only for the year. Come January, it all goes back to zero and I have to pay the next $6,000 again - plus the hundreds of dollars a month just to satisfy Nancy and Chuck.

But Nancy warns us that if we repeal ObamaCare, "hundreds of thousands of people will die." She doesn't say how not being forced to buy a bad product will actually cause people to die, but I love how she and the other abortion-supporting Democrats suddenly are concerned about human life, despite promoting and financially supporting the killing of 55 million Americans through abortion since 1973's passage of Roe v. Wade. Sorry, Nancy. Not buying it.

What it comes down to is that people like me are devoting a good portion of our resources to our monthly premiums to keep Nancy and Chuck happy, but since carrying this "insurance" is required by the government thanks to them, we possibly have to choose between paying the premium or receiving actual medical services. Here's hoping I stay healthy. Maybe if we got rid of this horrible bill, people could actually afford healthcare again, if Nancy and Chuck really are interested in affordable healthcare, that is. Better yet, aside from the truly down and out who do need assistance, how about removing the government altogether from our healthcare?

In the meantime, while Nancy, Chuck and friends go around warning people that the mean, old Republicans are trying to take away my health insurance, all I can say is, yes, please take it away. Let's start over. I know we can do better and it would be nice to no longer have to choose between satisfying the government and seeking any medical services I may actually one day need.

But for that to happen, the spineless RINOs need to realize why Republicans were given control of the government in November. Living in fear of Democrats or what the media might say is hardly the way to go about achieving the change we are all craving.

No comments:

Post a Comment